Mmmmm, Chocolate Brownies.
What is there not to love?
Gooey, yummy chocolate cakes that smell and taste divine with a little extra crunch from chopped walnuts. My mouth is just watering at the thought. This is my go-to every time recipe for chocolate brownies and never fails to impress.
Just like the Cola Cupcakes With Peanut Frosting recipe, I posted earlier this year, these chocolate brownies are a great introduction for both children and adults who wish to learn how to bake.
The best brownies are always gooey soft in the centre and have a crust on top. This recipe demands good quality dark chocolate for the ultimate richness of flavour without heaviness, and intensive beating of the mixture gives these indulgent chocolate brownies their irresistible crisp crust. they are chocolate heaven in a single bite and leave you wanting to save them all for yourself.
This really is the best chocolate brownie recipe that’s simple to make and tastes fantastic. It’s everything you want in a brownie; fudgy, dark and chocolatey.
A dark chocolate treat can also have health benefits due to the antioxidants it contains. The higher the cocoa content, as in dark chocolate, the more benefits there are. Dark chocolate may also contain less fat and sugar, but it is important to check the label. So not only are these brownies a delicious treat they also have a health benefit!
These easy Chocolate Brownies are my “go to” brownie recipe; a no-fuss, made from scratch, fudgy, moist, tender and very chocolatey brownie.
You can decide how gooey you want them, just adjust the bake time. A few minutes less if you like them super gooey or a few minutes longer if you prefer a firmer bake. This recipe is extremely forgiving, it is very hard to go wrong!
- 375 g Soft Unsalted Butter
- 375 g Quality Dark Chocolate
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 500 g Caster Sugar
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 300 g Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Line your brownie pan (Approx 33 23cm) with baking paper
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- When the chocolate mixture has melted, let it cool
- In a separate bowl beat together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla
- Add the eggs and sugar mixture to the cooled chocolate and beat well
- Add the flour and salt and mix well
- Finally, add the chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Place all the mixture in the brownie pan
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- When the brownies are ready, the top should be dried to a paler brown, but the middle will still be dark and a dense gooey consistency.
- Keep checking the brownies as they cook; remember that they will continue to cook as they cool.
Are you a chocolate brownie fan? Do you like to add other ingredients into your brownie mix? We love mini easter eggs, caramel eggs and have been known to add chopped fudge!