There is nothing more tasty on a midweek lunch than a bowl of piping hot chili sweet potato and butternut squash soup. Even more delicious is when it is homemade with a little warm kick of chili and is served with warm homemade bread. We love homemade soup and eat it quite often. It’s the sort of meal where you just grab any vegetables you have to hand and can be very economical to make too.
This recipe is so easy and you will soon have a nutritious family meal. I also find homemade soups are a great way of getting vegetables into the children.
Chili, Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 peeled and diced sweet potato
- 1 peeled and diced butternut squash
- 1 chopped red chilli and seeds
- 500 ml veg stock
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soured cream
- chopped parsley
- Place the veg, chili and stock in a saucepan and boil until soft
- Liquidise the soup and season to taste
- Stir through the soured cream
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top
- Serve piping hot with crusty bread
Once the soup has gone cold it can be frozen for up to one month. Allow to defrost before heating thoroughly.
Are you a fan of homemade soups?