At the end of a long day, our favourite dinner option is one that takes minutes to prepare and doesn’t mean washing up endless bowls and kitchen equipment. I guess I’m not alone with that either! Simple family traybake recipes are all-in-one midweek lifesavers to feed hungry and often tired tummies at the end of a busy day when all you want to do is sit down and put your feet up instead of standing in the kitchen for what seems like forever to then be faced with a mountain of washing up afterwards.
What is better than coming home from work, grabbing a tray and a handful of ingredients for a quick, easy and filling family dinner?
This quick, delicious and family-friendly one sausage traybake is ideal for busy families wanting a comforting midweek meal. Simply place all of the ingredients in one tray and leave to cook. What could be more perfect for a midweek meal?
The key to a really tasty sausage traybake is spending a little extra on some good quality sausages, not only will they contain less fat but will also be made with more tastier cuts of pork with perfect sausage seasonings to make a super tasty midweek treat. Personally I love to use our local butcher for sausages, their award-winning pork sausages are so tasty!
One Pan Sausage, Red Onion And New Potato Tray Bake
- 8 Pork Sausages
- 2 Red Onions
- 750 g New Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 Sprigs Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees(Fan Assisted)/Gas Mark 3
- Cut the new potatoes in half
- Cut the red onion in to chunky slices
- Place the sausages, red onion, and new potatoes in a baking tray and toss in the oil
- Sprinkle with the rosemary
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the food in the oil and cook for a further 10 minutes
You can make most cuisines such as British, Asian and Italian as a traybake meaning your midweek meals can be as varied as your palette. There are also some pretty tasty sweet traybakes that are quick and easy to prepare.
Some other great traybakes we have tried for quick and easy mid week meals are:
- Moroccan Lamb Traybake
- Amatriciana Chicken Traybake
- Chicken With Savoy Cabbage & Dijon Mustard Traybake
- Spiced salmon with traybaked sag aloo
- One-pan lentil dhal with curried fish & crispy skin
- Italian aubergine traybake
Are you a fan of traybakes? What is your favourite one-pan dinner to prepare after a long day at work?
If You Like This Recipe, why not try…
- Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks In Red Wine
- Beef Stroganoff Slow Cooker Style
- Homemade Lamb Curry
- Slow Braised Pork Belly
Don’t Want To Miss A Thing?
Pin For Later