When the weather is getting warmer there is something about serving a nice side salad alongside your chicken or BBQ foods. This is my recipe for quick and easy home-made potato salad that is a firm family favourite. A dish that is so simple any non cook could easily prepare it!
- A packet of salad potatoes
- One red onion
- Four slices of streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Cut the new potatoes into four and boil in salted water until cooked.
- Place a bacon in a dry frying pan and cook until crispy.
- Allow the cooked potatoes and bacon to go cold. They can be prepared a few hours in advance.
- Mix together the crème fraîche and mayonnaise and the ground black pepper.
- Slice the red onion thinly.
- Makes all the ingredients together and place In a serving bowl.
The potato salad makes a nice compliment to steaks, chicken, barbecues and picnics.