There is nothing more warming on a cold autumn day that a bowl of piping hot homemade soup. Even more delicious is when it has a little warm kick of chili and is served with warm homemade bread. We love homemade soup and eat it quite often. It’s the sort of meal where you just grab any vegetables you have to hand and can be very economical to make too.
This recipe is so easy and you will soon have a nutritious family meal. I also find homemade soups are a great way of getting vegetables in to the children.
- 2 peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- Peeled and diced butternut squash
- 1 chopped red chili
- Veg stock
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Creme Fraiche
- Place the veg, chili and stock in a saucepan and boil until soft
- Liquidise the soup and season to taste
- Stir through the creme fraiche
- Serve pipping hot with crusty bread
- Soup can be frozen for one month
If you leave out the creme fraiche then this soupis ideal for people following the Slimming World plan.
Are you a fan of homemade soups?